There are several Dubuque locales available for people interested in boating.
* Boat ramps: Hawthorne Street Boat Ramp, south of Lock and Dam No. 11; Chaplain Schmitt Memorial Island Boat Ramp on Adm. Sheehy Drive; Upper Sunfish Lake, north of O'Leary's Lake and adjacent to Lock and Dam No. 11; Mud Lake Park, six miles north of Dubuque; Finley's Landing Park, 10 miles north of Dubuque; Massey Marina, six miles southeast of Dubuque, off U.S. 52 South; Mines of Spain, canoe launch.
* Massey Marina, nine miles south of Lock and Dam No. 11, has a concrete boat ramp, gas, oil, ice and live bait during summer.
Yearly boatslip rentals available in two deep-dredged harbors. Concession stand is open for breakfast at 7 a.m. and remains open throughout the day. Fishing licenses can be purchased at the concession stand. Daily boatslip rental available for travelers.
Large camping area nearby has accommodations for trailers and campers with electric outlets, tent sites, cookouts, picnic tables drinking water, shower and rest room facilities, and camper dump station. Playground has swings, slides, merry-go-round, softball and volleyball area.
* Dubuque Yacht Basin and RV Park, 1630 E. 16th St. (across from Dubuque Greyhound Park & Casino) offers a 56-site RV park with pool, showers, coin-operated laundry, playground, a 300-slip marina, transient docks, boat sales and service, inside and outside storage for boats and campers, travel-lift capacity to 60 feet and 55,000 pounds, restaurant and lounge on grounds. Gas dock and pumpout.
* Riverview Park, between two marinas on Chaplain Schmitt Memorial Island, has campsites with electrical hookups, picnic facilities, boat launch, good fishing and sandy beach.
* Swiss Valley, trout fishing in upper and lower areas of Swiss Valley near Dubuque during spring and fall.
* Dubuque Marina, Eagle Point Extension. Facilities for docking 250 boats, travel-lift capacity to 65 feet and 50,000 pounds, sales and service, showers and laundry facility, transient slips, gas dock with three pumpout stations, restaurant and lounge, outdoor storage for all boat makes.
* Arrowhead Marina, 11192 Golf Lake Road, six miles north of Lock and Dam No. 11, has accommodations for more than 130 boats, electricity to all covered slips, pumpout for marine heads and private boat ramp. A large service facility offers sales and service for boats, outboards and trailers and carries large parts inventory for products sold. The marina is 500 feet off channel, with well-protected and secure harbor.
* Mines of Spain, Canoe launch on Catfish Creek with a dock for boats to use for hiking.
Additional links and information
Boating related classifieds