AccessDubuque.com

A Few Things
Last updated on May 09, 2011 at 08:17 AM
animalkingdom.jpg

What a Kentucky Derby. I didn't have Animal Kingdom on my handicapping map for Saturday's race.

I went back to check the form, and in all honesty, I still believe I wouldn't have had him. That just goes to show you that you need to look at all the entries.

And:

* Back at Dubuque Greyhound Park: The pools continue to look solid. Saturday night's was only at $20,000, but that's better than in the past. There are a few Florida tracks that have closed or will close soon for the season. I hope as their dogs come up here, the bettors will follow.

* Following up the pools, there are fewer “alls” in the trifecta and superfecta winners. The ones I've seen make sense, as a couple of long-shots hit first and second place.

* I'm really loving the You Tube site to catch the videos of races at Dubuque. They are posted pretty quickly, and include the schoolers. What a great way to follow up and double check handicapping on the greyhounds. Click HERE

* The Churchill Downs pick 6 carryover has gone over the $500,000 mark.

* Tampa Bay Downs has ended its thoroughbred season.

* Sarasota has ended its greyhound season. And, no, I didn't cash a ticket during its run. I'll have to try again later this year.

* Shanett won the Spring Futurity at Southland Friday night.

Stakes:

* The third round of the 3/8th mile Derby at Bluffs Run is Wednesday.

* The second round of the Gold Juvenile is Wednesday at Derby Lane.

Carryovers:

* Dubuque's twin tri is $329.

* Derby Lane's tri super is $10,952.

* Southland's twin super is $36,023.

* Churchill Downs' pick 6 is $514,583; super high five is $220,430.

erikgary
Bio: Gary works in the features department, and enjoys time with his family, fishing, coaching and an occasional visit to the track to watch and bet on the races.

Recent blogs:
Recent comments:
Search the 1359 Blogs
Search for blogs in Category:   
Search for blogs in Sub-Category:   
Search for:  

Comments

Note: These Comments are submitted by TH Forum members and guests. All guest submissions are reviewed prior to publication. Content posted by TH Forum members are not necessarily reviewed until a "Suggest Removal" has been submitted.

Create a blog!
(You must be logged in to create a blog)
Most Recent Blogs
Most Popular Blogs