AccessDubuque.com

Talking About the Birds and the Bees
Last updated on October 26, 2012 at 11:59 PM

No body really wants to talk about it but it really should be talked about. That's right, I'm talking about teens and the bad things they will do together behing closed doors. (well not really bad).

Teens and young adults are going to do the deed, it's part of life but we need to push for them to be better informed of the risks involved. Us parents don't want to think about it and many simply don't know. But the truth is that sex is scary these days and we need to protect our kids.

Looking over the statistics today at the state health site I realized how crazy STDs were getting out of control. STD Statistics Then when you add in pregnancy rates in teens it gets even scarier.

The truth is as parents we need to talk to our children more. Nation wide over 19 million people will contract an STD this year alone and most of those people are going to be under 25. That is a scary thought for my son and daughter.

Even educated kids can get pregnant or contract an STD though but the more they know the better. One misconception that is tossed around more then we know is about oral. Many teens don't know if they can get pregnant by doing it and worse yet many think that by not having intercourse they can't contract one of the many life long STDs.

We need to educate our children about these misconceptions and about proper condom use as well as continue teaching them our own beliefs.

With staggering numbers like these it won't be long before everyone has a baby and an STD. (Well that's a bit of an axageration but I was really shocked to find all of this out today).

matt323
Recent blogs:
Recent comments:
Search the 1359 Blogs
Search for blogs in Category:   
Search for blogs in Sub-Category:   
Search for:  

Comments

Note: These Comments are submitted by TH Forum members and guests. All guest submissions are reviewed prior to publication. Content posted by TH Forum members are not necessarily reviewed until a "Suggest Removal" has been submitted.

Create a blog!
(You must be logged in to create a blog)
Most Recent Blogs
Most Popular Blogs