AccessDubuque.com

My Heisman vote didn't go to waste
Last updated on May 26, 2011 at 05:58 PM

A few months ago, I disclosed my Heisman Trophy vote and drew some harsh criticism for NOT selecting the eventual winner, Auburn's Cam Newton.

Some readers called me a disgrace to the process and suggested I should have my vote taken away. I didn't vote for Newton because of character issues, and I still wouldn't vote for him.

After this week, I hope our readers still don't think my Heisman vote went to waste.

As a perk for being a Heisman Trophy elector in 2010, I received a $50 Donors Choose card to support a public school of my choice. I redeemed the card on the "We're Ready to Listen!" program in Mrs. Steuer's classroom at Audubon Elementary in Dubuque. The donation will help the classroom purchase a listening center, 2 sets of CD read-alongs and beanbag chairs.

For more information on this and other local projects, visit DonorsChoose.org.

lites
Recent blogs:
Recent comments:
Search the 1359 Blogs
Search for blogs in Category:   
Search for blogs in Sub-Category:   
Search for:  

Comments

Note: These Comments are submitted by TH Forum members and guests. All guest submissions are reviewed prior to publication. Content posted by TH Forum members are not necessarily reviewed until a "Suggest Removal" has been submitted.

Create a blog!
(You must be logged in to create a blog)
Most Recent Blogs
Most Popular Blogs