If you have any urge to watch greyhounds or thoroughbreds race, Memorial Day weekend will give you many chances.
All the tracks are running extra sessions.
Dubuque Greyhound Park features live racing is Friday night, Saturday afternoon and night, Sunday afternoon and a Monday afternoon card.
Add in all the simulcast choices, and there you go – you should be able to find a race to bet on.
One of the highlights at Dubuque will be Monday’s 3/16th sprint. The draw won’t be completed until Saturday, but based on Wednesday’s card, which had a 3/16th race, some of the potential entries could include Go Bon Hawk Talk, Superior Holly, SL Moonlite and the appropriately named Pat C Usain Bolt.
The race is a flat-out drag race. These pups hit top speed quickly and power to the finish in less that 18.5 seconds.
Thrill A Minute has the track record at 17.41.
Don’t blink, you might miss it.
* There’s a $300,000 guaranteed late pick 4 at Belmont Saturday.
* Dubuque Greyhound Park hosts the Memorial Sprint Monday afternoon.
* Jacksonville hosts the third round Friday and fourth round Monday of the Puppy Stakes.
* Southland hosts the championship of the Razorback Classic Monday.
* Arlington Park offers a pair on Saturday.
* Belmont hosts four stakes, one on Saturday and Sunday, and two on Monday.
* Churchill Downs offers the Louisville Handicap Saturday and the Winning Colors Monday.
* Monmouth Park has a pair Saturday and Sunday, and the Violet Monday.
* Prairie Meadows has two on Saturday and two on Monday.
* Woodbine hosts the Eclipse Saturday.
* Dubuque’s twin tri is $1,156.
* Southland’s twin super is $41,870.
* Wheeling Island’s tri super is $12,138.
* Arlington Park’s pick 5 is $13,177; pick 6 is $13,093.
* Churchill Downs’ pick 6 is $39,093.